Howdy! I think I've finally caught up with myself! Yesterday, we had a lazy day. It was really hot. In the afternoon, though, we went out to the park. Not just any park, but the park Sabrina used to go to, where she learned to climb trees and ran around playing as a child. It's also a Baroque (broke?) villa, called
Villa Doria Pamphilij. IT IS HUGE!!! My dad says it is 180 hectares, or about 450 acres. WOW! Anyway, we had a nice afternoon. When we got back, we washed off and went out to have pizza and pasta with one of Sabrina's old friends from school. She has a little boy my age and we played at the park before and after dinner. Afterwards, we walked around a bit in the neighborhood called "
Trastevere," which is right down the hill from "
Monteverde vecchio" where we live. There was a street performer, clown type guy, in
Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere. He asked me to participate in his show! Dad took a couple of pictures, but it was dark. You can get the idea, anyway. I played a bull at one point. It was FUN!! Here are the pictures:
When we got there, we stopped to rest (it's about a 20 minute walk from home). We saw this ant super-highway carved into the dirt!
Here is the "Rome" of the ants; all roads lead there!
An abandoned fountain in a grotto seemed like it was missing a piece. So I jumped in to complete the picture! :-D
This is the "secret garden" of the house called "Casino del Bel Respiro". It looks like a maze, but my dad says it's called a "
parterre." Neat!
This is me acting with the street performer in Trastevere. He was from England, but he spoke Italian. Very funny! :-D
I'm the bull and he is the matador!
Great job! It's fun to hear of your adventures.
ReplyDelete