Monday, June 27, 2011

A Wedding in the Morning and the Vatican Museums at Night!!

This past Friday, we went to Sabrina's cousin's wedding. They got married in Saint Salvatore in Lauro, then had a really amazing reception at Palazzo Brancaccio. It was lots of fun! Especially because they had SO MANY DESSERTS!!! YUM!! After taking a nap when we got home around seven, we went to the Vatican Museums at night, between 9 and 11. There weren't as many people and it wasn't hot! IT WAS AMAZING! I had an audio guide for kids, and my guides were Dante, Michelangelo, an Angel, Mercury, and an Egyptian... it was cool. At the end of the itinerary was the Sistine Chapel. The ceiling and the altar wall were painted by Michelangelo. It was really amazing because we got to see it empty, without people, because we went late at night, and waited until they closed it. You can't take pictures, though, so I guess I'll just have to use my memory!

Me and Sabrina after the wedding. I like dressing fancy!

Looking for a taxi to take us home!

Saint Peter's dome from inside the Vatican.

A bronze statue of Hercules.

The famous sculpture of Laocoon and his sons. Wow!

Me in front of a statue of a Molossus. There was another one just like it on the other side of the door to my left...

The famous painting of the School of Athens in the "Raphael Rooms," all painted by Raffaello Sanzio.






No comments:

Post a Comment