Monday, February 21, 2011

LEGOLAND!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everybody! On Saturday Dad and Sabrina took me to Legoland Discovery Center in Chicago! It was awesome! We have some cool pictures (from Dad's old iPhone). First came miniLand. It was under attack buy Star Wars minifigures and ships. Check it out!


This is the Hancock Center I think!


Can you see the Slave I behind me? Jengo Fett is attacking Chicago! (I made a mini-model of Slave I in the Lego workshop, by the way...)


Here's more of mini-Chicago. The ferris wheel looks fun. We should go there when it turns nice weather. (The Clone Troopers are on the roof!!!)


It looks real, doesn't it?

Then came the Jungle Adventure! All the animals were made out of legos!



Here's a scary tiger!


And a nice parrot!


Me with the crazy monkeys! 


The explorers and another crazy monkey!!


Check out this explorer! Where's the crazy monkey now?!


AHHHHHH!!!!! It's going to eat my hand! (just kidding...)


There's the crazy monkey!! Swinging around!




Me and Indiana Jones! We got the crazy monkey head statue out of the temple!



But first we had to get past this ginormous, man-eating spider!!!
  

But it was all in good fun!
  

Here's Sabrina INSIDE THE VOLCANO!!!!



After the Jungle adventure, we went on a DRAGON RIDE!!! It took us on a trip around the inside of the castle.

Here are the King and Queen at a banquet (it's all legos!!)


Here are some crazy knights fighting!


Here is the dragon!


Scary!!


AHHHH!!!!

 But we made it out alive! Then we went around upstairs where there was a cinema, a workshop, a factory, a cafĂ©, some building areas, and (my favorite) the technicycle. It was awesome! Check it out!



Here is me waiting in line with Harry Potter.. Pretty sweet!


Here is a close-up of Harry (all made out of legos, except for the scarf!)


Even the broom is legos! (But Sabrina and I in the background are real!)



Sabrina and I rode the technicycle! The faster you pedal, the higher you go! I was pedaling!


We were going so fast that we were a blur! Here I'm blowing Dad a kiss!


Faster!


Faster! Yeah!


Faster than the camera!! 


It looks like Sabrina had fun too!


But we had to get off sooner or later!



 Next we went to the factory where we learned all about how they make legos.




The guy who was explaining everything was really nice!


I'm raising my hand so that I can push a button.


He didn't choose me the first time, but he did the second 


Here is Bob the Manager ---he's Bob the Builder's brother.


He chose me to press a button when I said I was a geek and that I liked chemistry (and bacon!)


If you scroll down really fast you can see me make my move toward the belt! I wanted to see what was going on! I tried to raise my hand, but I didn't have a hard hat! (I went anyway ;-)












Here we are at the end! We got a cool Legoland Chicago lego piece!



Check out this smart guy! He was a geek! (but here he's made of legos!)


Notice a resemblance? (HA! Just kidding!)



Lounging around outside with Bob the lego surfer! (How was he not cold!?)


At the end we went to the lego store, where Sabrina and Dad got me another addition to my Lego Castle Kingdom! I got the Tower Rescue set and a couple of other mini-figures. On Sunday, we built it and constructed a new evil white wizard's tower from scratch too! But that's for another post...


When the day was all over we went out for an Indian food feast! I had some crazy lentil bread and rogan josh! Oh my gosh! It was amazing! I really liked it!


Well, I hope you liked hearing about my trip to Legoland in Chicago. I can't wait to go back! 


Talk to you soon!


Love,
Aidan


PS -- Here are some pictures from a snow day a few weeks ago. It was REALLY COLD! Around 4°F and windy, but no more snow... Anyway, I had fun...



Takin' a break in the snow...


Check out this snowball!


What about this chunk o' snow?!



1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I like Lego Harry Potter! And is that guy with Einstein going to brush his teeth?

    ReplyDelete