Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Holiday Mega-Post!

Sorry for not writing in a long time! I've been busy traveling and playing catch-up with all my missed homework and classwork! Blah! 


But anyway, here's what has been going on for the past month. (mostly). 


First, I went to Texas with my Dad to see my Nonni (my grandparents) on December 16. We had a really good time and we got to meet Fabrizio, a student from Sicily. Here are some pictures from my trip!




My Nonno Chris and I went for a walk! It was nice weather and I got to use a walking stick!



Here I am destroying the piles of clay with my walking stick / shadowless sword! Waddy (the dog) wasn't so sure about my stick... but we had fun!



Here I am! King of the Hay Bales! (Does it make you sneeze just looking at me, Zio Mike?)



Christmas came early! I got some really cool presents: Star Wars figures and metal puzzle rings! Cool!


This is my Nonna (Gladys) and me. She knit me a hat and gave me two silk ties! Pretty sweet!


Next, I want to show you some pictures from Christmas. Some things we didn't take pictures of... My Dad's best friend, Norman, came to visit for Christmas. It was really fun to have him around. He got me a cool game for the Wii: Disney's Epic Mickey! Mitico! On Christmas Eve, we had a surprise guest: Ines, our neighbor who is visiting from Peru. She speaks only Spanish and Quechua, the native language of Peru. She was spending Christmas alone, so we invited her to dinner and presents at midnight. We got her a box of chocolates. Yum! 

Here is a picture from the lunch on Christmas Day.



Dad and Sabrina made a stuffed Capon again and Norman made some pretty yummy potato salad!


On Christmas Eve we opened presents at the strike of midnight, and I got a lot of cool stuff! Dad and Sabrina got me the medieval village and castle, and Sabrina helped me paint a playing board for them, plus we built a witch's tower to fight the castle! I also got a great lego model of the white house from Zia Gina and Zio Mike! (Aunt Sarah and Uncle Josh got me a sled, but you've already seen that! And I have pictures from our sledding adventure later on...)


Now some pictures of me and my legos!


I have the White House IN MY HANDS! The Presidency is MINE!! 



Now that's lots of legos.... The castle is built on the left and I'm just starting the village.



Here is the lego world, seen from above the village. On the left is the witch tower and on the right is the King's Castle. We made the witch's tower and the bridge out of my extra legos!



Here is a bird's-eye view of the village... and the piazza with a fruit stand.



Here it is from the front. The watermill on the left actually powers the hammer in the smithy! 



Here is a close-up of the smithy and stable...



Here is a close-up of the piazza and the pub and inn.



Here is another view of the lego medieval world...



Sabrina and I are thinking up military plans to attack the village...



Sabrina is really happy to play with me! We had lots of fun! She's very proud of the tower she built!



A bird's-eye view of the lego-world...


A close-up view of the piazza and village (the troll has stolen all of beer from the pub!)



And now it's time for New Year's celebrations! We had lots of fun. We got dressed up for a special dinner at Noma, my favorite fancy restaurant... wait... it's the only fancy restaurant here! But my favorite anyway. I ate way too much and was really really full. I had asparagus soup, bread and butter, ahi tuna, duck pitza, and an caramel apple cake!!! Plus two glasses of Sprite! I was literally stuffed! So when I got home, I took off my tight suit pants and jacket and ran around in my lucky red underwear! Oh yeah, after midnight we watched the first part of Ben-Hur in HD! What a cool movie...






This is me going crazy as soon as I got my pants off! Freedom! :-)


MIDNIGHT! HAPPY NEW YEAR! We decorated the house earlier in the day, and we had hats, streamers, and horns!



Sabrina, Dad, and I had fun dancing around and making noise. We were listening to Lady Gaga!



Dad had fun dancing!



Uh-oh! The streamers got tangled in the fan!



Cheers!



A family photo! 



Time for bed! But I'm too tired to make it up stairs!



Ahhhh, I love my Daddy! Good Daddy!



On New Year's Day, I think we got up in the afternoon... I'm reading (re-reading) Calvin and Hobbes... My Dad says I'm just like Calvin!

Finally, I'll finish off this mega-post with a couple of pictures from a sledding trip to the park down the street. I finally got to test the sled that Aunt Sarah got me for Christmas. It was awesome! The best sled out there! And fast too! (My sled went faster and farther than all the others!)


We walked two blocks to get there first! I had to earn that first slope!



Wow! What a steep hill!



See how far I got?! And I had to pull it back up the hill each time... luckily Dad helped out.



But boy, was I tired after a few times up and down. Here I am taking a break! Lounging in the snow!




A close-up view of happy, tired me! 

Well, that's all for now. I think I'm going to go play DS! I got a new game and I can't wait to beat it! It's called Lego:Battles. Cool!

Love,
Aidan

PS - Here's a cool poster that shows what happens when I read:


:-)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Aidan! It makes me SO happy to read your blog. It looks like you all had a BLAST this Christmas and New Year's. Also, Ingrid and Malcolm are very, very impressed with your Lego skills.

    ReplyDelete